Homebirth: a growing trend for low-risk moms and babies.
Home Sweet Home
Safe, meaningful, and empowering births happen at home!
(Birth Matters Course, Session 4)
If you and your baby are healthy, expecting a normal birth, and hoping for a natural birth, homebirth is a wonderful choice. The Home Sweet Home class is primarily for couples planning on birthing at home; however, those who are in the "curious" or "unsure" categories will find plenty of information and resources to help you decide if homebirth is the right choice for you, your baby, and your family.
- Learn how your deep-seated beliefs about both home and hospital can influence the hormones orchestrating your birthing process
- Discuss the safety of planned, midwife-attended homebirths and why birthing at home is often the most direct route to a natural childbirth
- Learn the many benefits of homebirth for mamas and babies, as well as the possible risks, and ways to minimize the risks
- View several homebirths and listen to some homebirth stories
- Get tips on how to prepare for your homebirth
- Brainstorm ways to discuss your homebirth decision with concerned loved ones
- Discuss possible obstacles to homebirth and make a plan for overcoming them
- Learn what happens if a transfer of care becomes necessary
- Get resources you can use for your homebirth
About this Class
Instructor: Christelle J. K. Hagen, BfNAE, HCHD. Christelle is an experienced childbirth educator (Apple Tree Family Ministries/Childbirth without Fear method). Christelle has given birth four times at home and treasures her homebirth stories! Learn more about Christelle.