Fill up your toolbox! This fun and hands-on workshop is the culmination of the Birth Matters Class Series, but it can also be taken as a stand-alone class. If you are looking for a "refresher class" because you have given birth before, this would be a great option for you. This class is also highly recommended for the first-time couple who are already versed in the basics of natural birth and are looking for a quick class where they can practice natural techniques they can use during their birth.
Natural Childbirth Techniques Workshop
tips, tricks, and techniques to help you have a natural childbirth
(Birth Matters Course, Session 6)
This workshop is a fun, hands-on way to prepare for your upcoming birth. You will learn about--and practice--a huge variety of tips, tricks and techniques that you can use to "fill up your (birth) toolbox." While you probably won't need or want to use them all, it certainly can't hurt to have lots of different options that you can use to make your natural childbirth as comfortable and efficient as possible!
- Learn how relaxation can help you have a much more comfortable and efficient birth
- Discuss what you find relaxing so you can mentally prepare yourself to use relaxation techniques that are most likely to work for you
- Practice a huge variety of natural childbirth techniques
- Practice together so that the expectant dad (or other birth partner) also knows how to use the techniques
- Get a booklet that reviews all of the techniques we will practice in the workshop that you can use as a "cheat sheet" during your birth
- Plenty of time for your questions about birth!
About this Class
Instructor: Christelle J. K. Hagen, BfNAEC, ICI, SBD. Christelle is an experienced childbirth educator (Apple Tree Family Ministries/Childbirth without Fear method). Christelle is also a dual certified doula (Hypnobabies and Stillbirthday). Learn more about Christelle.